It’s been nearly a year since I’ve updated this Site. Facebook has taken over where personal web sites have left off. It is a place to find and keep in touch with family and friends but friends thought long lost. Now with the rollout of “Timeline” Facebook has become a sort of diary to the world, or if you’ve got your privacy settings properly configured, just your friends and family.
Major Events included:
- Bailey lost his new glasses, we think he threw them away with his lunch trash at school. He was sentenced to scraping the flaking paint off the backyard fence in preparation for painting in order to “work off” the cost of his replacement glasses.
- Whiskers got some sort of infection in an injury to her face and neck. She wouldn’t stop scratching it bloody so I had to resort to putting a protective collar on her, we called it the cone of shame.
- The re-landscaping of the back yard continued this year. We planted lovely flowers, four grape vines and a small vegetable garden with tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, squash, corn and strawberries. The corn didn’t fare so well but the tomatoes and onions were amazing. We got quite a few squash and had grilled squash with onions and peppers quite often, as well as fresh salsa.
- I finally decided it was time to get some exercise and started walking nearly every day after work down at Dana Point Harbor.
- Stacy and I were able to get away for a weekend to Palm Springs in April and had a lovely time.
- For the first time in the 11 years we’ve lived in Lake Elsinore we took the kids hiking at the Santa Rosa Plateau Reserve on Mothers Day.
- Branden and Bailey finished out their 8th grade and 4th grade school years and are half way through their 9th and 5th grade years. They have both found this new school year to be particularly difficult and are struggling somewhat with their grades.
- We were able to attend an Angels Game and a couple of Lake Elsinore Storm games.
- Stacy’s Dad and Stepmother were able to visit us for nearly a week. We had a great time and were able to take them to the Reagan Library.
- Branden did well in his first year of Cross Country Running on the Elsinore High team and even participated in a “Mud Run”
- Chinook passed from the living this year and was a painful reminder how life and time just keeps on moving on.
- We took the kids to “The Aquarium of the Pacific” as a birthday gift.
- Most recently, we went to see the Holiday Light parade at Dana Point Harbor.
Throughout the year there were many challenges to deal with, from bad grades to unfortunate lapses in judgement. Hopefully even those were learning experiences and surely better times will be enjoyed in 2012.